Herb-Marinated Mixed Skewers
- ACTIVE: 35 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Chef Matteo Gambi grills these marinated pork and bacon-wrapped turkey skewers for a great charred flavor, then finishes them in the oven to keep them juicy.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless raw turkey breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 to 12 slices of bacon, cut crosswise in thirds
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- Long wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, toss the pork with the garlic, rosemary, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and a generous pinch of pepper. Season the turkey with pepper and wrap each piece in a bacon slice. Let the pork and turkey stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the tomatoes for 20 to 25 minutes, until just starting to burst. Transfer the tomatoes to a platter. Leave the oven on.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Alternately thread the pork and bacon-wrapped turkey onto wooden skewers. Oil the grill grates. Season the skewers with salt and grill over moderately high heat, turning, until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Transfer the skewers to the baking sheet and roast for 7 to 10 minutes, until the meats are just cooked through. Transfer the skewers to the platter and serve with the tomatoes.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.