Herb-Infused Olive Oil
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 cup
Use this infused oil to prepare Marcia Kiesel's Duck Breasts and Orzo Salad with Herb-Infused Olive Oil.
- 1/2 packed cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 packed cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, basil, chives and 1/2 cup of the olive oil and process to a loose paste. Let stand for 1 hour. Pour the oil through a fine sieve into a tall, narrow jar, stopping when you reach the sediment at the bottom. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of olive oil. Submerge the thyme and rosemary sprigs in the oil. Cover and let stand for 3 to 4 weeks in a cool, dark place.
- Funnel the oil into a glass bottle, discarding the herb sprigs. Store in a cool, dark place for up to 2 months.