- Six 8-ounce boneless chicken breast halves with skin
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped baby spinach leaves
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 2 pounds fresh fava beans, shelled (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup pitted Taggiasca or kalamata olives
How to make this recipe
- In a large, shallow baking dish, rub the chicken with the rosemary, thyme, half of the garlic and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Return the chicken to room temperature before grilling.
- In a small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the shallots and the remaining garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the basil and spinach and cook just until wilted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the goat cheese, season with salt and pepper and let cool. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a plain 1/2-inch tip.
- Lay 4 or 5 wonton wrappers on a work surface; keep the rest covered with a damp towel. Lightly brush the edges of the wrappers with water. Spoon or pipe a scant teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture onto the center of each wrapper. Fold the wrappers to form triangles. Press out any air bubbles, then press the edges to seal. Transfer the ravioli to a baking sheet lined with plastic wrap and repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling to make about 48 ravioli; layer them between sheets of plastic wrap.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the fava beans for about 1 minute. Drain and cool in the ice water, then drain again. Peel the fava beans.
- Light a grill. Scrape as much of the marinade off of the chicken as possible. Grill the chicken breasts over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until they are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the ravioli until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain the ravioli, gently shaking off the excess water. In a large skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the ravioli, peeled fava beans and olives and cook over moderate heat until just heated through, about 1 minute. Serve the ravioli, fava beans and olives with the chicken.
Tangy goat cheese brings out the vibrancy of a French rosé.