- Kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 4 rosemary sprigs plus 1/2 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 4 thyme sprigs plus 1/2 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Canola oil, for brushing
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. In a large heatproof bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper with the garlic and the chopped rosemary and thyme. Add the boiling water and stir until the salt dissolves. Tie the rosemary and thyme sprigs together with kitchen twine.
- Rub the chicken all over with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Oil the grate and grill the chicken over moderate heat until nicely charred and cooked through, turning and using the herb bundle to baste the chicken with the brine as it cooks, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to plates and serve.
Pair this easy chicken dish with a crisp, savory Italian white.
Contributed By Greg Denton and Gabrielle Quiñónez Denton Photo © Nicole Franzen Published August 2015