Herb-and-Cheese-Filled Chicken Thighs
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (4 1/2 ounces)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Provolone cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 16 boneless chicken thighs with skin (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a medium bowl, combine the fresh bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, Provolone, chopped basil, chopped parsley, lemon zest and rosemary. Set the chicken thighs, skin side down, on a work surface and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mound 1/4 cup of the herb-and-cheese filling on each thigh. Fold the sides of the thighs over the filling to enclose it and tie each chicken thigh in 2 or 3 places with kitchen string. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the stuffed chicken thighs on a large, rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes, then discard the strings and serve.
For easy clean-up, line the baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Cooking Club Tip Making your own breadcrumbs is easy. Simply place torn stale bread or toasted bread in the food processor and grind well.
Joe Bastianich suggests a not-too-heavy, rustic red from Sicily's Valle dell'Acate for this cheesy stuffed chicken .
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.