- 1 1/2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 cups shredded cabbage, preferably a mixture of green and red
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ponzu (Japanese citrus-soy sauce)
- 6 all-beef hot dogs
- 6 brioche hot dog buns, split
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk the wasabi powder with the water, then whisk in the mayonnaise and sugar.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrot and ponzu. Add 1/4 cup of the wasabi mayo and toss to coat. Season the slaw with salt.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Cut a cross pattern into the ends of each hot dog. Grill over moderately high heat until lightly charred all over, about 4 minutes. Place a hot dog in each bun and top each with 1 teaspoon of the remaining wasabi mayonnaise. Spoon about 1 cup of slaw onto each hot dog, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.