Heirloom Tomatoes with Anchovies and Red Chiles
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
"It's all about the way one cuts the tomato: a badly cut one is not as appetizing," says Owen Kenworthy, who favors slices and wedges made with a very sharp knife. He adds a hit of chile, capers and anchovies to his salad, which is great as an appetizer or a side dish.
- 2 1/4 pounds mixed heirloom tomatoes, cut into thick slices or chunks
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced hot fresh red chile, such as Holland or cayenne
- 2 teaspoons salt-packed capers, rinsed well and drained
- 2 large anchovy fillets, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Arrange the tomatoes on a platter. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.