© John Kernick
Heirloom Tomato Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
"This is the tomato salad I make almost every day," Andreas Viestad says. Since he always uses different varieties of tomatoes, the salad tastes different each time.
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cored—large ones sliced 1/4 inch thick, small ones halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Arrange the tomatoes on a platter. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with oil. Scatter the chives, basil and cheese on top.
Serve With Crusty bread.