- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch arugula (4 ounces)
- Four 1/2-inch-thick slices Tuscan or peasant bread
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to make this recipe
Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, toss the tomato wedges with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and the red wine vinegar. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Add the arugula and toss again. Transfer the tomato salad to a large serving platter.
Set the bread slices on a small baking sheet and brush them all over with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Broil the bread slices until golden, about 30 seconds. Flip the toasts, spread them with the anchovy paste and sprinkle them with the Parmesan cheese. Broil the toasts for about 1 minute, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve the toasts with the tomato salad.