- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 3 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, large tomatoes sliced, cherry tomatoes halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 32 marinated white anchovy fillets or 16 canned skinless, boneless sardine fillets, drizzled with white wine vinegar (see Note)
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lime juice, fish sauce and ginger. Arrange the tomatoes on a large platter and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the scallions and cilantro, and arrange the anchovies around the platter and serve.
Marinated white anchovies are available at specialty markets.