Hearts of Palm Dip
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 cups (8 servings)
A little bit of garlic, lime zest and olive oil transforms canned hearts of palm into a luscious, low-fat dip.
More Healthy Snack Recipes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Two 14-ounce cans hearts of palm, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Plantain chips, pita chips or flatbreads, for serving
- Using the side of a chef’s knife, mash the garlic to a paste with a generous pinch of salt. Scrape the paste into a food processor. Add the hearts of palm and oil and process to a medium-fine paste. Add the lime zest, season with salt and white pepper and pulse just to blend. Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve with plantain chips, pita chips or flatbreads.
The dip can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.