- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound watercress (2 bunches), tough stems discarded
- 3 plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- One 14-ounce can hearts of palm, drained and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup pitted Calamata olives
How to make this recipe
Using a sharp knife, peel the oranges, taking care to remove all of the bitter white pith; working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Squeeze the membranes to get 1/4 cup of the orange juice. Save the remaining orange juice for another use.
In a large bowl, whisk the orange juice and lemon juice with the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the orange sections, watercress, tomatoes, hearts of palm and olives and toss well. Serve immediately.