Hearts of Palm and Avocado Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This Brazilian-style salad might taste a bit rich—with creamy avocado and a mayonnaise dressing—but it’s really quite healthy.
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small sweet onion, cut into thin slivers
- Two 14-ounce cans hearts of palm, drained and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss the halved cherry tomatoes with the onion slivers, hearts of palm, avocado and chopped parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the lime zest and lime juice with the mayonnaise and oil; season the dressing with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss gently and serve right away.
Zesty, lemony California Sauvignon Blanc.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.