Healthy White Bean and Kale Hummus
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 1/2 cups
This hummus is both tasty and extra healthy. The creamy white beans and slightly chewy kale give it a lot of texture and flavor.
- 2 large kale leaves, inner stems removed
- One 14-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- Add the kale leaves and about 2 tablespoons of water to a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Cover and steam for 2 minutes, or until kale is soft. Remove from the heat and drain any remaining water.
- Add the kale and all the remaining ingredients except the water to a food processor or high-powered blender. Pulse until everything is combined then add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the hummus is a smooth, thick and spreadable consistency. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.