- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-5 sprigs Italian parsley, thyme or oregano, tied together
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pecans
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper
How to make this recipe
- Poach the Chicken Rinse off the chicken breasts. Fill a medium stockpot with water and add the herbs, bay leaf, garlic, salt and peppercorns. Bring the water to a boil and add the chicken breasts.
- Poach the Chicken Return the water to a boil and then lower heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, cover with a lid and keep the chicken in the hot water for another 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Poach the Chicken Remove the chicken from the water and cut into large bite-size pieces. Set aside to cool.
- Make the Salad In a large bowl, combine the arugula, pecans, bell pepper and chicken. Set aside.
- Make the Salad In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, brown sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the Salad Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to coat. Chill and serve.