- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 3 small zucchini (3/4 pound), very thinly sliced lengthwise on a mandoline
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Mint leaves and shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast for 12 minutes, until fragrant; transfer to a clean kitchen towel and let cool slightly, then rub together to remove the skins. Coarsely chop the hazelnuts.
- Arrange the zucchini strips on a platter and sprinkle with the lemon zest and lemon juice. Drizzle with the oil; season with sea salt and pepper. Scatter the hazelnuts over the zucchini and garnish with mint and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
The high-altitude Uco Valley produces crisp Sauvignon Blancs that are great with this salad.