- 1 cup wild rice
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, lightly toasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover the rice with the water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the wild rice is tender but still chewy, about 1 hour. Drain the wild rice well.
- Toss the wild rice with the scallions, hazelnuts and cranberries. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.