- 1 cup wild rice
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, lightly toasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover the rice with the water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the wild rice is tender but still chewy, about 1 hour. Drain the wild rice well.
- Toss the wild rice with the scallions, hazelnuts and cranberries. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
NotesOne Serving Calories 241 kcal, Total Fat 7.2 gm, Saturated Fat 0.5 gm, Protein 8 gm, Carbohydrates 39 gm.