- 2 cups peeled toasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Sprinkles, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, pulse the hazelnuts just until finely ground. Add the sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract and salt and pulse to combine. With the machine on, drizzle in the corn syrup and blend until the mixture comes together. Turn the mixture out onto a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and form into a 12-by-2-inch bar. Cut the bar crosswise into 12 equal pieces and freeze until firm, at least 15 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe medium bowl, melt the chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring, until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Using a fork, dip the hazelnut candy into the chocolate to evenly coat, letting the excess drip off. Arrange the bars on the baking sheet and top with sprinkles. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes. Serve cold.
The bars can be refrigerated for 5 days.