- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups skinned roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with buttered parchment paper. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and butter and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is melted. Cook over moderate heat without stirring until the syrup reaches 270° on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped hazelnuts, salt, baking soda and vanilla and cook until the mixture is golden, about 3 minutes longer. Immediately pour the hot hazelnut brittle onto the prepared parchment and spread it in a thin layer using a spatula. Let the hazelnut brittle cool completely, then break into pieces.
Make Ahead The brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.