- 1 cup hazelnuts (5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast for 15 minutes, until the skins blister; transfer to a kitchen towel and let cool slightly. Rub the nuts in the towel to remove the skins, then transfer to a food processor and let cool completely.
Add the parsley and garlic to the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the olives and crushed red pepper and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the pesto to a bowl, stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
The pesto can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Fish, chicken, pork, steak.