- 1 cup hazelnuts (5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast for 15 minutes, until the skins blister; transfer to a kitchen towel and let cool slightly. Rub the nuts in the towel to remove the skins, then transfer to a food processor and let cool completely.
- Add the parsley and garlic to the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the olives and crushed red pepper and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the pesto to a bowl, stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
The pesto can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Fish, chicken, pork, steak.