Harissa-Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 10 to 12
Harissa adds smoky heat to these silky make-ahead mashed sweet potatoes.
Slideshow: Great Sweet Potatoes
- 6 pounds sweet potatoes (6 large)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup harissa
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Poke the sweet potatoes several times with a fork and bake on a baking sheet for about 1 hour, until tender. Let cool slightly.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and transfer to a food processor. Add the butter, sour cream and harissa and puree until smooth. Season the potatoes with salt and white pepper. Serve right away.
Make AheadIf you’re not serving the potatoes right away, let them cool, then transfer to a bowl or large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Rewarm the potatoes in the microwave in 2-minute intervals, stirring each time, until hot.