Harissa-Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 to 12
Harissa adds smoky heat to these silky make-ahead mashed sweet potatoes.
- 6 pounds sweet potatoes (6 large)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup harissa
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Poke the sweet potatoes several times with a fork and bake on a baking sheet for about 1 hour, until tender. Let cool slightly.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and transfer to a food processor. Add the butter, sour cream and harissa and puree until smooth. Season the potatoes with salt and white pepper. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.