Haricots Verts with Chanterelles
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
To make this lovely vegetable side dish, blanched green beans are split lengthwise, which gives them a more delicate texture; they're sautéed in butter and oil with tender chanterelles before serving.
- 1 pound haricots verts, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chanterelle mushrooms, halved lengthwise
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- Salted Herbs or salt
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the haricots verts for 2 minutes. Drain and transfer the beans to a baking sheet to cool. Using a sharp knife, split the beans lengthwise down the middle.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the mushrooms and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the shallots and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Stir in the haricots verts, then gradually add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, stirring constantly. Stir in the Salted Herbs and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.