© Line Klein
Haricots Verts and Artichoke Salad with Hazelnut Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
This updated take on the nouvelle cuisine classic salade gourmande features crisp-tender haricots verts and cooked artichoke hearts in a shallot-sherry vinaigrette.
Slideshow: Healthy French Recipes
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 pound haricots verts
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- Fill a medium bowl with water. Working with 1 artichoke at a time, snap off the tough outer leaves and trim the stem. Cut off all the remaining leaves. Peel and trim the bottom and stem; add to the water. Repeat with the remaining artichoke.
- In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the artichokes over moderate heat until tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a cutting board; let cool slightly. Scoop out the furry chokes with a melon baller or spoon. Cut each into quarters.
- Prepare a medium bowl of ice water. In the same saucepan, cook the haricots verts for 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to the ice water to cool; drain. Dry on paper towels, then cut in half.
- In a large bowl, whisk the hazelnut oil, peanut oil, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the beans, artichokes and shallot; toss. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve.