- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 12 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each), lightly pounded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a blender, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and lime zest. Blend until smooth. Arrange the chicken breasts in a large nonreactive dish and pour the marinade on top. Let stand at room temperature for up to 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Serve hot or at room temperature.