- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon pimentón de la Vera (smoked Spanish paprika)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 large baking potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick sticks
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, puree the mayonnaise with the garlic, smoked paprika and lemon juice. Stir in 2 teaspoons of the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the aioli into a small bowl and refrigerate.
In a large saucepan, heat 1 inch of oil to 250°. In a large bowl, rinse the potatoes and pat thoroughly dry. Working in batches, fry the potatoes until they are almost tender and look dry on the outside, about 6 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Increase the oil temperature to 350°. Cook the fries in batches until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain and immediately season with salt. Sprinkle the fries with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and serve with the smoked aioli.