- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Four 1/2-pound slices of smoked ham, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup hard cider
- Freshly ground pepper
- Snipped chives
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet. Add 2 ham slices and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and repeat with the remaining butter and ham.
- Add the shallots to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add the cider and bring to a simmer over high heat, scraping up any browned bits. Return the ham slices to the skillet and cook until warmed through. Transfer the ham to a platter and season with pepper. Boil the sauce until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes longer. Pour the sauce over the ham, sprinkle with snipped chives and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.