Ham and Potato Chip Tortilla
- TOTAL TIME: 7 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Adding jalapeño potato chips to a simple egg tortilla (a Spanish omelet) gives it a salty, spicy zing. Serve extra chips on the side.
- 1 dozen large eggs
- One 5-ounce bag jalapeño potato chips, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 1/2-pound ham steak, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 large scallions, sliced
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the potato chips and mash to break them up.
- In a large ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the diced ham and sliced scallions and cook over high heat for 1 minute. Add the eggs and cook until set on the bottom and side, about 3 minutes. Broil the tortilla for about 2 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and the eggs are set. Slide the tortilla onto a plate, cut into wedges and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.