- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons brine from the jar
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallion
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup torn frisée, light green parts only
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 1-ounce slices of baked country ham
- 4 English muffins, split and lightly toasted
How to make this recipe
- In a saucepan, cover the eggs with water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat for 8 minutes. Drain and cool the eggs slightly under cold running water. Peel the eggs and coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the mustard, hot sauce, paprika and 1 tablespoon of the pickle brine. Fold in the chopped eggs, pickles and scallion and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the frisée with the olive oil and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of pickle brine. Season the frisée with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet. Fry the ham slices, turning once, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Lay the ham slices on the muffin bottoms and top with the egg salad and frisée. Close the sandwiches and serve.
The egg salad can be refrigerated overnight.