Halibut with Walnut-Olive Relish
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/4 pounds small fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinless halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 12 walnut halves
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brined capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 300°. In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with hot tap water and bring to a boil. Cook over moderately high heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, then return to the pot. Toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, set the fish in a lightly oiled baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the flesh just begins to flake. Put the walnuts on a pie plate and toast for 8 minutes, until fragrant. Coarsely chop the nuts.
- In a bowl, mix the walnuts with the olives, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the fish and potatoes to plates, spoon the walnut-olive relish on top and serve.
Full-bodied, minerally Rhône white.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.