- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound okra, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large ears of corn, kernels cut off
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
How to make this recipe
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the curry powder, scallions and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the okra and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in the corn and cook for 2 minutes.
Set the fish on the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Add the water to the skillet, cover and cook over moderate heat for 8 minutes, or until the halibut is cooked through. Transfer to plates, garnish with the celery leaves and chives and serve with hot sauce.