Hakka Dipping Sauces
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon Chinese chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned Japanese rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned Japanese rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon (packed) minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- MAKE THE GINGER SAUCE In a small bowl, combine the water with the chili sauce, vinegar and sugar; stir to dissolve the sugar. Let stand for at least 15 minutes and stir before serving.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic and sugar; stir to dissolve the sugar. Let stand for at least 15 minutes and stir before serving.
- Put the ginger in a small heatproof bowl. Heat the oil in a small saucepan until it sends up a wisp of smoke, then pour it over the ginger and stir. Stir in the salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.