- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 Scotch bonnet chile, seeded and minced or 2 teaspoons Scotch bonnet hot sauce
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 medium head of green cabbage, thinly sliced (8 cups)
- 2 carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar with the chile and cloves. Add the cabbage, carrots and onion and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Serve right away or lightly chilled.
Make AheadThe relish can be refrigerated overnight.