- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN Plus cooling
- SERVINGS: 2/3 cup
This tangy, fiery condiment can stand in for any hot sauce, but it’s particularly delicious with rich meats like pulled pork.
- 3 habanero chiles, stemmed
- 2/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- Roast the chiles directly over a flame, turning, until lightly charred all over; transfer to a blender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar with the honey, ginger and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Pour the vinegar into the blender and let cool completely, then puree until smooth. Transfer the habanero vinegar to a jar and season with salt.
Make Ahead The habanero vinegar can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.