- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 habañero chile (sliced), or more to taste
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Eight 8-inch flour tortillas
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Salsa, guacamole and sour cream, for serving (optional)
How to make this recipe
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and then stir in the garlic. Cook garlic until soft and then add the chicken, paprika, lime juice and habañero. Cook the chicken for about 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Set aside.
Spread half of the cheese on 4 tortillas. Top with the habañero chicken. Add a final layer of cheese and gently spread the filling evenly around the tortilla, leaving a gap around the edges. Top with remaining tortillas.
Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Place a filled tortilla on the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes or until the bottom is golden. Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the second side is golden and the cheese is completely melted.
Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Allow each to cool for a few minutes before cutting into 4 to 6 pieces.
Salsa, guacamole and sour cream.