Habanero and Fruit Salsa
- SERVINGS: MAKES 1 CUP
- 1/3 dried ancho chile, seeded
- 1/2 dried habanero chile, seeded
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango
- 1/2 cup finely diced papaya
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon finely diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a bowl, soak the ancho and habanero in the hot water until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain the chiles; pat dry. Mince the chiles and transfer to a bowl. Stir in the mango, papaya, onion, tomato, cilantro, mint, garlic, vinegar and salt.
Notes One Tablespoon Calories 6 kcal, Total Fat 0 gm, Saturated Fat 0 gm. Serve With Grilled Sea Bass with Lemon-Mint Dressing.