Guacamole with Pickled Jalapeños
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Chef Alex Stupak makes extraordinary guacamoles for his two New York City restaurants, Empellón Taqueria and Empellón Cocina. Here, he cleverly mixes in pickled jalapeños, which add both heat and tang to the mashed avocados.
Slideshow: Great Guacamole Recipes
- 2 Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons minced white onion
- 2 pickled jalapeños, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Sea salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Scoop the avocados into a medium bowl and coarsely mash with a fork. Fold in the cilantro, onion, jalapeños and lime juice and season with salt. Serve with tortilla chips.