- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 3 Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup minced white onion, rinsed and blotted dry
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Tortilla chips, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the pistachios and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pistachios to paper towels to drain; reserve the oil in the skillet. Season the pistachios with salt.
Scoop the avocados into a medium bowl and coarsely mash with a fork. Stir in the onion, jalapeños, lime juice, 1/2 cup of cilantro and all but 2 tablespoons of the pistachios; season with salt. Scrape the guacamole into a serving bowl and drizzle some of the reserved oil on top. Garnish with chopped cilantro and the remaining 2 tablespoons of pistachios and serve with tortilla chips.