- 4 ounces ground beef chorizo
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Fresno chile, seeded and diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces queso fresco
How to make this recipe
In a large skillet, cook the chorizo over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat renders and the chorizo is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Discard the fat and drain chorizo on paper towel.
Scoop the avocado into a bowl. Coarsely mash it with a fork. Stir in the onion, jalapeño, Fresno chile, serrano, lime juice, salt and cilantro. Top with chorizo and <em>queso fresco</em>. Serve with tortilla chips or warm tortillas.
Press plastic wrap firmly against the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate overnight.