- 4 ounces ground beef chorizo
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Fresno chile, seeded and diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces queso fresco
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, cook the chorizo over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat renders and the chorizo is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Discard the fat and drain chorizo on paper towel.
- Scoop the avocado into a bowl. Coarsely mash it with a fork. Stir in the onion, jalapeño, Fresno chile, serrano, lime juice, salt and cilantro. Top with chorizo and queso fresco. Serve with tortilla chips or warm tortillas.
Press plastic wrap firmly against the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate overnight.