- 6 plump lemongrass stalks
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon green curry paste
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped peanuts and lime wedges
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. Cut two-thirds off the tops of the lemongrass. Cut the tops crosswise into 5-inch lengths to make 16 skewers. Peel off any browned layers. Peel the bottom-third portions of 2 of the stalks to their inner bulbs and mince. Freeze the other 4 bulbs for another use.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork with the minced lemongrass, chopped cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and curry paste.
- Line a large baking sheet and a work surface with plastic wrap. On the work surface, using moistened hands, form scant 1/4-cup mounds of the pork mixture into sixteen 3-by-2-inch rectangles. Lay the lemongrass skewers on the pork rectangles and pinch the meat all around the lemongrass skewers. Transfer the skewers to the baking sheet.
- Brush the pork lightly with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill the skewers over a medium-hot fire, turning once or twice, until browned and just cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer the pork skewers to a large platter, sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and serve with lime wedges.