- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 3/4 cup pine nuts (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Tahini Sauce , lemon wedges and warm pita for serving
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. In a bowl, mix the lamb with the pine nuts, mint, parsley, cumin, cinnamon, garlic, onion, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Form the mixture into 16 ovals and thread them onto 8 skewers.
- Brush the lamb kebabs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until the kebabs are lightly charred in spots and just slightly pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with the Tahini Sauce, lemon wedges and warm pita.
The fresh mint, pine nuts and spice in these kebabs make them a good match for a full-bodied white wine, rather than red. Juicy, citrusy Chenin Blanc from South Africa is a good choice.