- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
In the 18th century, the British navy gave its men a water-and-rum mixture called grog. Mixologist Todd Thrasher serves his Grog in glass-bottomed mugs because, he says, sailors and pirates drank it that way so they could always watch out for their enemies.
More Rum Drink Recipes
- 1 1/2 ounces spiced rum, preferably Captain Morgan
- 3 ounces chilled brewed lemon verbena tea (verveine)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Dash of lemon bitters
- 1 lemon wedge, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the lemon wedge and shake well. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass and garnish with the lemon wedge.