Grilled Zucchini with Fresh Mozzarella
- SERVINGS: 4
The delicate taste of fresh mozzarella offers a delicious counterpoint to the garlic-and-vinegar-macerated zucchini. However, if you prefer a stronger cheese flavor, try goat cheese instead.
- 3 zucchini (about 1 pound), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 pound salted fresh mozzarella, cut into thick slices
- Light the grill or heat the broiler. In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, toss the zucchini with 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill or broil the zucchini, turning once, until tender and golden, about 5 minutes per side. Put the zucchini back in the bowl.
- Toss the zucchini with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, the vinegar, garlic, and parsley. Let cool.
- Put the mozzarella slices on a serving plate, fanning them out to form a circle. Drizzle them with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and sprinkle them with a pinch of pepper. Fold the zucchini slices in half and tuck them between the pieces of cheese.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.