- 4 medium zucchini (1 1/2 pounds), halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 thick slice of toasted day-old country bread rubbed with 1 halved garlic clove
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. Toss the zucchini with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat until the zucchini is lightly charred and just tender, about 10 minutes. Cut the zucchini into 2-inch pieces and arrange on a platter. Drizzle with oil and the lemon juice; top with the cheese. Grate the toast over the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Serve immediately.