- 2 anchovies, mashed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini or yellow squash, sliced on the diagonal 1/3 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, mash the anchovies with the butter and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the zucchini with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Arrange the zucchini on a platter and top with the anchovy butter.
Make Ahead The recipe can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated for up to 4 days.