- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 habanero chile, seeded for a milder salsa
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon basil leaves, preferably opal basil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup purple grape juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 zucchini (1 1/2 pounds), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, combine the blueberries, habanero and 3/4 cup of the basil with the garlic, ginger, vinegar and grape juice. With the machine on, add the canola oil in a slow, steady stream until the salsa is blended but still chunky.
Light a grill. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat until lightly charred and tender, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Transfer the zucchini to a platter and garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of basil. Serve with the salsa.
The salsa can be refrigerated overnight.