Grilled Yucatán Shrimp
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 tablespoons achiote powder (see Note)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds large shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Summer Vegetable Rice and lemons, for serving
- Light a grill. In a large bowl, blend the achiote, garlic, orange and lemon juices, chile powder, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Whisk in the oil. Add the shrimp and toss. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp onto six 12-inch skewers. Season with salt; reserve the marinade. Grill the shrimp over a hot fire, basting with the marinade, until barely cooked through, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plates, sprinkle with the cilantro and serve with Summer Vegetable Rice and lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.