- 4 medium orange tomatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds)—peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 1/4 pounds skinless wild salmon fillet, cut crosswise into twenty-four 1/2-inch-thick slices
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes with the vinegar, honey, ginger, cumin, cayenne, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and half the garlic and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the jam is thick, about 45 minutes. Transfer the jam to a bowl and refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour. Stir the chopped basil into the jam and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the remaining garlic and season with salt and pepper. Add the salmon, toss well to coat and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Light a grill. Thread the salmon slices onto twenty-four 8-inch bamboo skewers. Grill the salmon over moderate heat, turning once, until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve the salmon skewers with the tomato jam.
The tomato jam can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
One Serving 287 Calories, 17 gm Total Fat, 3.2 gm Saturated Fat, 8 gm Carbohydrates, 1 gm Fiber.