- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Dash of hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped mint
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 long soft baguette, split
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (8 ounces), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
How to make this recipe
In a skillet, cook the garlic and shallot in the vegetable oil over low heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a mini food processor; add the goat cheese, cream, thyme and hot sauce and puree. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
Rinse out the food processor. Add the olives, mint, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of pepper; process to a paste.
Preheat a grill pan. Brush the zucchini with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning, until tender.
Keep the grill pan hot. Spread the goat cheese on the bottom half of the baguette and top with the zucchini, red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes. Spread the olive paste on the top half. Quarter the sandwich and grill, pressing with a skillet and turning once, until hot; fill with lettuce and serve.
The sandwiches can be made through Step 3 and refrigerated overnight.