- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Dash of hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped mint
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 long soft baguette, split
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (8 ounces), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- In a skillet, cook the garlic and shallot in the vegetable oil over low heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a mini food processor; add the goat cheese, cream, thyme and hot sauce and puree. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- Rinse out the food processor. Add the olives, mint, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of pepper; process to a paste.
- Preheat a grill pan. Brush the zucchini with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning, until tender.
- Keep the grill pan hot. Spread the goat cheese on the bottom half of the baguette and top with the zucchini, red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes. Spread the olive paste on the top half. Quarter the sandwich and grill, pressing with a skillet and turning once, until hot; fill with lettuce and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.