- 1 red bell pepper, halved and cored
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved and cored
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced lengthwise 1/3 inch thick
- 1 Asian eggplant, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/3 inch thick and separated into rings
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Goat Cheese–Garlic Toasts
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. Brush the bell peppers, fennel, eggplant, corn, onion, zucchini and jalapeño with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat for about 15 minutes, turning often, until the vegetables are lightly charred and tender.
- Peel the charred skin from the jalapeño, cut it in half and discard the stem and seeds. Coarsely chop the jalapeño and put it in a blender. Peel the bell peppers; coarsely chop them and transfer to a large bowl. Using a large knife, cut the charred corn kernels from the cob and add them to the bowl. Coarsely chop the remaining vegetables and add them to the bowl along with the cherry tomatoes.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the lime juice, cilantro and cumin to the blender and puree until smooth. Pour the dressing over the vegetables, toss well and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the Goat CheeseGarlic Toasts.
The vegetables can be grilled up to 6 hours ahead. Toss them with the dressing just before serving.